Thursday, October 9, 2008

...from the sewing room

There are days that I like to pretend that I am Super Mom. On Tuesday, a perfect storm came together to facilitate such an undertaking.
I had read that the circus was coming to town, and had been thinking about taking Grace, but was hesitant. Jeremy really wanted to go, but I've never even been to the circus (and the idea of it honestly makes me a little nervous!) I mean, if the San Francisco zoo can't contain their tigers, how on earth will the carnies?? Maybe the circus wasn't such a good idea for this paranoid mama.
Then, I picked Grace up from school on Tuesday. I learned that their lesson this week and next was "The Circus." They had even slipped an ad for the Cole Bros. Circus into her folder, encouraging me to take her. There was a note about next Tuesday... the kids will put on a "circus parade" and are encouraged to wear and bring circus themed things. Well, I can only take so much pressure... WE'RE GOING TO THE CIRCUS!

So now the question was, what will she wear?? Between her circus trip and the school parade, she needed something really perfect. It was too late to order something, and I didn't really want to spend the money anyway.... and that's when my Super Mom moment happened... I resolved to dust off my neglected sewing machine and get to work! I hadn't sewn in months, so I was a little rusty and it's not perfect, but here it is, completed in 24 hours (and for under $10!!), just in time for our trip to the circus tonight!


the chest has an elephant in a circus car

clowns spell out her initials along the hem


And why stop there? The dress is REVERSIBLE to a school themed dress! Too bad I didn't get my Super Mom inspiration before they took school pictures last week :(



I'm a proud mama today! :)

3 comments:

The Old Timer said...

I'm anxious to learn if Grace really enjoyed the circus. That's certainly an appropriate dress for her to wear in the Big Top.

mandi said...

So I was thinking, how much for basic sewing lessons on thursday mornings????? Seriously...under $10....I'm jealous!

I agree with the old timer....a very appropriate dress and very cute! how did she like the circus?

Julia said...

free for you, although I'm no expert!! I stick to the really easy stuff! an a-line is sooo simple.