Monday, December 1, 2008

watch out for the teeny tiny fashion police!

Well, I know how it started...

I was explaining to my dear husband why I needed a new brown handbag I had been eying. You see, I had recently gotten a new one, but it was black, and I just didn't have anything in brown I liked to wear with my outfits that needed brown.

Watch what you say around Grace, because she's listening! We were at the mall waiting to try on shoes (we had been waiting quite a while, as had others, so there was a crowd!), when Grace looked at me and my new brown bag with a puzzled look and gasped, "Mommy! Where is your black purse?! You have a black shirt and you need your black purse!" A little embarrassed that my 2 year old was shouting fashion advice at me, I told her my black purse was at home. "Mommy! We have to go home and get your black purse!" I guess my argument to dear husband must have been pretty convincing- it definitely worked on Grace- she was serious!

I couldn't possibly have given her the true explanation of why I was mismatched in front of all the the women in the shoe department that day, so her it is, forever on her blog, future reference for her ongoing policing of fashion...

Yes, you should try to match your bag to your outfit; but sometimes when you get something new, you're allowed to use it for a little while, even if you don't match, just because you're happy to have it. :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Just tell her you're as excited about your bag as she was about her boots. She should be able to relate.

Love,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

How long until Grace needs the big purses also? I would guess not long.