Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day, this room mom's last party of the year!

A couple weeks before the party, I was sitting in the mom-waiting-room at dance, chatting with the Mama who is room mom of the class next door. She mentioned that they would have a chocolate fountain at their V-day party. Then, my friend who's daughter is in the third Pre-K class mentions that they, too, will have a chocolate fountain.

Wow, that really sounded like fun, BUT, we were headed to New Orleans for the rest of that week, and no way was I pulling together all that for our kiddos (not to mention, I didn't want to BUY the fountain!). Okay, moved on, headed out of town with no guilt over Grace's deprived class.

Fast forward to the day before the party; I'm at Target, frantically asking the sales associate in small electrics if they have a chocolate fountain, what kind of chocolate do they take, is there anything else I need???

Yep, I always swear I'm not getting sucked into doing this stupid stuff (spending $!), but yep, at the last minute, I do it (and probably spend twice as much as I would have if I had planned ahead!)

Anyway, the chocolate fountain ROCKED, and hey, now I have my very own candy party in a box... anyone want to come over? It's yum!!
The kids had a blast, it was a total hit :)

1 comment:

Owen and Erin said...

This is funny Julia! I love it...sounds like something I would do. Glad it was a hit.