Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bling Bling!

Take a look at these sweet and innocent little earlobes...

They are no more! Grace got her ears pierced today!! We had been talking about it for quite some time. It all started when she told me she did not want to wear the SH uniform next year because it was too plain. I assured her that we would do what it took to make her fancy... bows, earrings, wait... did I just agree to earrings?!

At first she was scared of the pain and just kept saying she would have it done before starting school next year. After months of questioning, "Mom, tell me, exactly WHAT does it feel like??," she decided on Tuesday that she was ready.

Last night I offered ice cream if she made it through without crying...

"Mom, when they pierce my ears, I might get water in my eyes, but it's just because I am SO HAPPY that I am getting my ears pierced. It is NOT crying."

Well, my girl did awesome today!! I even tried to talk her out of it a little bit this morning. She was ready though. There were no tears, just a bit of nervousness, but not even too much. She chose the crystal flowers and they are as cute as can be!!



So grown up!

1 comment:

Daddy said...

Those things are almost blinding, they are so sparkly....

My BIG girl, I love you.