Thursday, July 21, 2011

Marion's Pink Glasses

This is Marion's new look! She got her sweet pink glasses about a month ago, and I'm already so used to seeing her with them, that she looks funny without them. Really, I see pictures of her from before she got her glasses, and they don't really look like Marion anymore.

I suspected that Marion's vision was bad, and had said that I would be surprised if she didn't need glasses... but I had no idea how terrible it really was. She is extremely near sighted - negative 11.5. As you could guess, she loves her glasses and being able to see. People ask me all the time if she leaves them on- yes!! That has not been a problem from day 1.

I am thrilled that my sweet girl can see now, but a little disppointed in myself for not figuring it all out sooner. My poor baby was blind!! Anyway, she's doing great now! Her walk is even steadier. I can't wait until she gets a bit older and we have more styles of glasses to choose from. The one and only toddler selection is shown above, it comes in burgundy, blue, and thankfully- PINK!
This picture was taken at the eye doctor, seconds after her glasses were pout on for the first time!

2 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

I remember when Jamie got her glasses, and she exclaimed "I can see the leaves on the trees!". It is sad when you don't realize what they're missing.

Owen and Erin said...

She is precious!!!