Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pre-K Graduation

Grace and Mrs.W

Grace absolutely adored Mrs.W. She was sweet and fun, and super stylish! Grace came home and told me about Mrs.W's fabulous shoes more than once! I was always impressed by how organized and well thought out she was when I spent time in the classroom. She really has a gift for seeing "teachable moments." She helped my little girl learn, mature, and grow into a sweet, smart girl who is more than ready for Kindergarten.

Grace and Mrs.Q

Mrs. Q and Grace had a sweet and special relationship. Mrs.Q always stood at the door when I picked Grace up in the afternoon. Talking to her and hearing about Grace's day was always one of the best parts of my day. I would start out by asking, "Did she have a good day?" Mrs.Q's usual response was, "It's always a wonderful day for Grace!" Those words warmed my heart every time I heard them. She often would tell me about something that happened during the day that Grace found funny, and that they laughed and laughed together about it. She made me feel like she really enjoyed her time with Grace, which made me beyond happy.

Grace had wonderful teachers this year, and I'm afraid that it will be hard for her poor Kindergarten teachers to measure up!!


PreK Friends

Grace receiving the "Key to Kindergarten." This ritual had been talked up in the preceding weeks, and Grace could not wait!!


Grace and sweet Marion... who had me sweating by the end of the ceremony! With Jeremy at work, I was watching, applauding, video-ing, and hardest of all: trying to entertain a 2 year old. It was more than I could handle alone, and I hope Grace understands when she watches my attempt at the video one day.

Grace and Meredith with their keys!

No comments: