Monday, June 8, 2009

her first recital

I woke her up early from countless naps for the 5:15 class, she practiced all year, we dumped way too much money into it... but in the end, she danced and she was beautiful!

all ready backstage

posing with Meredith

marching out on stage

Do you see that girl laying on the stage? Poor girl cried at dance all year and it was no surprise that she threw herself down and lost it up there. She's just not that into it! I had talked to Grace all week about what to do if her dance partner started crying or wouldn't dance.... YOU keep dancing! Sure, she was a little distracted, but she kept dancing!!

dressed for their ballet number

Mommy and Grace after the show. I emailed this picture to Daddy and his response was, "What is she wearing? Is that make-up?!?" Yes, it is, and she loved it!

showing off her medal at lunch

2 comments:

allison said...

She looks adorable! I love the picture of all the little girls going on stage. so cute to see all the little girls dressed alike

Aunt Lindsey said...

She looks beautiful! I'm so proud of my little ballerina. I'm sorry we couldn't make it but please tell Grace we love her (Marion too) and give them big kisses from all of us!