Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Pre Parties


The day my baby turned 5!

The first celebration was on Thursday, January 13th, Grace's birthday. She had her normal day at school, well, with a birthday crown on! After school, I picked up Grace and Meredith from school and surprised them by taking them to Gatti Town. For those of you who don't know what Gatti Town is, imagine lots of super cool arcade games, a carousel, even bumper cars; oh, and a pizza buffet!

On Friday, we celebrated her birthday at school, even though every kid in her class was invited to her big party the coming Sunday! You only turn five once!

I can't believe my sweet baby is already five. I notice little things often lately, little things that remind me that she's growing up...

For instance, sometimes when hearing good news, what used to be a squeal, is now a subtle "YES!" Oh, and the eye rolls!

Really though, I love this age as much as I've loved any other, probably even more. I love my little friend that I can talk to all time; and she surprises me with how much she knows every day. She loves to talk, loves to shop, and loves arts and crafts... she's a mini me :)

No comments: