Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

My sweet Grace started Kindergarten last month. Many people consider this the start of "real school," but she went all day to the 4 year old preschool program at the same school last year. In a way, it's the same. In other ways, oh so different. Last year I looked forward to the daily reports and comments about her day from her teachers. This year, the only info I'm getting is what I can pry out of her! She has lots of sweet friends in her class, and is having a great year. She breezes through her schoolwork, it comes so easily to her. She likes her teachers, and is always ready to go to school. She is so much like me; I always loved school, and now my heart is warmed that she loves it too.

Meredith is in her class this year! (Grace expected this, and wouldn't have understood them doing it any other way!)

Her teacher did a Hollywood Movie theme.

Her spot at her desk!

2 comments:

Southern Girl and family said...

She is pretty! Love her uniform and that she loves school! Makes it so much easier on us mamas! Hope yall are having a great year!

Nana said...

She looks so much like you did - it's like going back in time!! Have to find a photo to compare.