Thursday, April 30, 2009

her first year


Grace only has 2 weeks left in her first year of school. A year ago, when I signed her up, I was worried that the 3 mornings a weeks may be too much for her. She just seemed so little. I know now that it was perfect. She's had so much fun going to school this year, that I know she has much disappointment ahead of her this summer. She's really going to miss it and I will too. I love picking her up after 3 hours and hearing her adventures from the day... what she had for snack (usually cookies, cheese puffs, or something equally nutritious!), what she made for me (she's always so proud and excited!), and whether or not she got a turn on the scooter at recess. I also get a full attendance report with explanations for why anyone was absent.
She's also learned so much! She can write her own name with no assistance, and can write anything else if you just tell her how to spell it! She's learned numbers, shapes, seasons and much more! She's such a smart little girl!
Grace will be switching to a different school next year and it was such a tough decision. She'll be going to a preschool that has a schedule that will allow me to take Marion to her Mommy and Me class. I hope Grace loves her new school as much as she's loved Temple!

Mrs.Paula and Mrs.Ginny's 2 year old class

3 comments:

Heather said...

The pictures turned out SO cute!

Julia said...

they were supposed to be that setup but outside.... but it rained!! oh well, that would have been really cute!

allison said...

I'm so glad she likes school so much.