Tuesday, September 7, 2010

*cough* *cough*

It's been a while, and I really do have things to tell about, I just haven't gotten it done. One of my excuses is that I'm stressed... over a cough. An oh-so-constant cough that Grace has had for almost 3 weeks now. There are no other symptoms, and the cough is non-productive. It can best be described as an insatiable tickle in her throat. Yes, we've been to the doctor. Her lungs were clear and her throat looked good. She was treated for allergies, asthma, and a sinus infection... it's been A LOT of medicine. Still, the problem persists, *cough* *cough.*

I've now had two people (one was the doctor, the other was her teacher's husband) tell me that a cough can become a habit for a child. Seriously?! Well, she does stop when she's very focused on something, hmmm...

Tonight I tried a new approach. Grace really wants a Pandora bracelet and has been saving her quarter a day allowance to buy one. I know, my 4 year old wants a Pandora bracelet , it's crazy... welcome to the suburbs. In my defense, they do make one in her size, so we aren't alone in our craziness. Anyway, prepare yourselves... tonight I offered her money, not much, just a nickel and a dime ;), if she could stop coughing. It's working, at least for now. She didn't cough at dance and coughed very minimally at home tonight (I just kept threatening to take the money back! You may be reading this and thinking I'm quite crazy, even mean... but I'm doing what I have to do for my sanity!! It does seem to be at least somewhat habitual. I'll let you know...

1 comment:

Heather said...

A quarter a day?! Maybe if you bumped it up, it would be a little more motivation! At 25 cents a day, she will be in an adult size bracelet by the time she saves enough! ;)

Hope she's feeling better.