Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reading and Writing... It's Begun!!

Only a few weeks in to 4 year old Pre-K, my baby girl can read very simple books, and spell well enough that I can tell what she means!!

Can you read it?? I CAN!!! Little Miss Muffett was the nursery rhyme of the week at school. Grace made this drawing and wrote out the rhyme all by herself... no help!! Grace amazes me every day :)

The catalogs of Halloween costumes have been coming lately and Grace just loves to look at them. She wrote me this note describing what she thought we should all be (I decoded a bit in the gray marker!)...

Grace has Library class once a week at school. She now writes books at home, sits with them at a desk and has me "check-out" books from her library! It is so cute!!

Here is one of her first books...
"Baby, Hush Please!"
"Made by Grace"

"This (Dis) book has been made in 2010"

"Mom said, "Please Baby!"

"No, said Baby."

"Baby, go to bed!!"
I'm not sure what that last line is, I'll have to ask!!

This is from the first week of school.

Grace made this at school last week. When I saw it in her folder, I wondered if the teacher was as surprised as I was to see Grace spell and write so well!
"My Favorite Colors"

2 comments:

Heather said...

Very impressive, Grace!

allison said...

Aww! Grace is the librarian at home! She doesn't play school?! She could get Marion to be her student.