Friday, January 22, 2010

and now it's marion's turn

Grace's birthday was celebrated throughout last week and now it's little Marion's turn. My baby turned one today. I had several people ask me this week if I was sad. I'm just the tiniest bit sad that the time is gone, but really I'm more happy. I'm a worrier and there's just so much to worry about when they are so tiny... I'm simply happy that we made it safe and healthy :) I have been weaning Marion this week and I'm so proud that we made it through nursing. We had an awfully rough start, but we made it, and we both became total pros at it!

On Wednesday we celebrated with Marion's Mommy and Me class...

I brought a butterfly made out of cupcakes. Grace asked me as we were leaving that morning if I would please be sure to save her a purple cupcake. I told her that I couldn't tell people which color to take, but that hopefully there would be one left. She sighed and asked me to please let Marion's friends know that purple was her favorite color ;)

The part of this story that really cracks me up is that purple really isn't her favorite (PINK is!!). Purple was just the best color when the only choices were purple, green and gold. Yes, it was a mardi gras butterfly... I guess the bakery is getting in the spirit!

As you see in the photo, Marion was mesmerized by the fire. About 10 seconds after it was taken, she yanked the napkin in an attempt to pull the cupcake into her reach. Well, the whole thing toppled over and the combination of flying fire and babies made the whole room gasp a little. A friend of mine was video taping the whole thing and I still haven't brought myself to watch it... kinda scared of seeing the awful faces I make as the cupcake and lit candle went flying!

Anyway, if you're still worried about Grace, yes, there were plenty of purple cupcakes left over. We've celebrated Marion's birthday over and over with the leftovers! If you're wondering about Marion's party, yes, she will have one... Mommy's just running a bit behind.

5 comments:

Nana said...

Let's see that video! Happy Birthday Marion!!

laurie said...

Happy Birthday MayMay!!!!

allison said...

That would have scared me too!

Heather said...

I wonder what the penalty is if you burn down 28th Place.

free FONT said...

CONGRATS!