Tuesday, January 5, 2010

little masterpiece

If you know Grace well, you know that she LOVES art. Drawing, painting, cutting, pasting, decorating... it's her thing! Yesterday she took an art class at Bristles, a local art school that's just for kids. She went with a little friend her age, and they were the youngest in the class. They both did awesome! In fact, when I walked in to get her and looked at the paintings lined up on the wall, I couldn't place which ones were theirs. They looked just as good as those done by the older kids.

After she went to bed last night, I framed it and hung it. I was so excited thinking about how excited Grace would be when she saw it on the wall this morning. She was excited, although not quite as excited as I thought she should be (isn't that always the case as a parent though??). She told me that she wasn't surprised because she already knew I was going to hang it. At least she knows I think she's fabulous!!

"Petunia, A Girl Owl"

4 comments:

Daddy said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I am getting on my boat to catch my flight in Barbados now. Love you guys.

Nana said...

And such a good name for her pretty pink owl!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a wonderful way to encourage your munchkin!

Heather said...

Very good Grace. Julia.... I never blog.... nobody reads it and I really don't seem to have much to say. I don't think I have blogged since April.... yikes. Maybe I will get better about it this year!