Monday, January 12, 2009

grace's 3rd birthday party

The weekend is over and I'm relieved to say that although I am still exhausted, it all went very well and we had a great time. Heather, Madeline, Nathan and Camille arrived from Auburn on Friday and it was a nonstop party through Sunday night.

Friday night something in my already delirious mind thought it would be a good idea to let Grace and Madeline have a slumber party in Grace's bed. Fun for them, yes... for me and Heather, no. After many threats and dirty looks, we resorted to Heather sitting on the floor in the room until they finally went to sleep at 10:30. Incredibly, the kids were ready to go again early Saturday morning.

The weather for Saturday's party had been iffy all week and on Friday the chance of rain jumped from 40% to 80%. The fear of rain had consumed me all week to the point where I really went nuts. Now 9 months pregnant, I'm already up all night visiting the potty... there's just no room left in my bladder! I couldn't resist the urge to check the weather on my Crackberry each time I woke up... yeah, I told you, cra-zy! I ran around town on Friday and planned some indoor activities for the kids to do in case of bad weather. Heather, Jeremy and I stayed up until 3:00a.m... Heather and I made princess cookies for the kids to decorate and Jeremy was in charge of making sheets of craft foam into crowns for them to decorate.

Saturday moring the rain started early, but thankfully stopped for most of Grace's party. We had a great time! Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate and made Grace's day so special!


Admiring her cake before the party... for Grace, the cake IS the party. She remembers parties by what kind of cake they had and when she asks what kind of party someone is having, what she means is... "what's the cake going to look like?"


Grace in the princess jumpy



Eating a cookie she decorated

Chandler and Grace in the crowns they decorated


Madeline swinging at the pinata


Grace and her friends waiting for cake

No comments: