Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a little bit longer...

I'm 37 weeks and 2 days, and today I had my final appointment with my doctor. First I had an ultrasound. Baby Marion looks good, although she is slightly smaller than we expected. Based on the ultrasound measurements, she is estimated to be 6 pounds, 6 ounces right now. I am dilated to a "loose 1" and about 50% effaced. We decided to move the date for the induction 4 days back to the 22nd. I will be 38 and a half weeks along then. I won't be going in for any more appointments; my next place to be is at the hospital at 5:30a.m. on the 22nd.

We had initially planned on the 18th because Jeremy was scheduled to leave for Singapore on the 20th. We got some great news last night though. Jeremy is going to start working in Brazil for a while in order to get DP certified (dynamic positioning). He started the last phase of his Brazillian work visa today and it should take at least 10 days to be complete... so we're expecting him to be home for at least a couple weeks now! Not only will he be home for a while once Marion is born, but we aren't as rushed to get her out. My doctor says he is thrilled for the extra 4 days and feels much more comfortable about her lung development since she'll be past the 38 week mark.

So here I am, huge and pregnant until a week from tomorrow... unless she decides to come sooner on her own! :)

No comments: