Sunday, February 22, 2009

1 month old!


Dear Marion,

Today you are one month old. Happy One-Month Birthday my sweet baby! One short month, but it feels as if you've been here forever. This evening we celebrated you turning one month old. We celebrated with a king cake, as Mardi Gras is only two days away. I've often said about your sister, "for Grace, the cake IS the party!" She proved it to be true; as ever since we ate the king cake tonight, she has been talking about how much fun she had "at Marion's party." She even blew out your candle. Little Grace loves you so much, I can't wait for you to get old enough to play together, while at the same time I know you'll grow way too fast.
I am already so proud of you! Although the nursing hasn't been easy, you're really gotten great at it now, if only my body will cooperate. You're also a wonderful sleeper. You wake twice at night to nurse, and after a diaper change you go right back to sleep. You have two periods during the day that you are very awake, one early in the morning right when we wake up, and one during the last few hours at night before we go to bed.
You are such a joy to us and we're so happy you are here!

Much love,
Mommy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little angel - she melts my heart. I wish my mom could see her namesake! And her wonderful big sister - they just don't come any cuter or with more personality!