Monday, February 16, 2009

I guess this means we're settled?

I guess we're feeling settled with the two kiddos. We've returned to our old ways...


Something in Jeremy and I just can't leave things well enough alone! Seems we always have some sort of home improvement project going on, any excuse to tear up the house and live in total chaos :). This time around it's the kitchen that's getting a much needed overhaul. I haven't liked the yucky brown cabinets since we moved in. Our builder gave us a story about how they were intended to be glazed and would look so good that way, yada, yada... well, we tried that and it looked like crap! We've decided to paint them white and then add a dark brown glaze. Jeremy's been at work for days and still has far to go. We'll see, pray for the best!

We're also adding tile to the backsplash, although we're going to leave that one to the professionals. My days of scrubbing spaghetti sauce off of the sheet rock will soon be over!

While I am definitely excited about the new look of my kitchen, the house is wrecked. Imagine all of the contents of my cabinets spread around the kitchen, living room and dining room... yep, disastrous. Grace has even found a favorite new toy amongst the chaos... the fondue pot!

No comments: