Wednesday, January 7, 2009

doctors, play equipment, party planning and redecorating...


These are some of my many excuses for not blogging over the last week.

doctors... Today I saw two. First, Dr.Drake. I am still at one centimeter and Marion is high. I am measuring right on for where I should be. I have an appointment next Wednesday with an ultrasound and really hope to have made some progress by then so that I'll be "ready" to be induced on the 18th as planned. Next, I visited the dentist. I swear, the angle on those chairs is not for those who are hugely preggo. I could barely breathe... but no cavities, so at least it's out of the way for a while.

play equipment... our backyard now looks like this:



so now we're up to a playhouse, a trampoline and a swingset. tacky? yes. fun? YES!


After keeping Grace out of the backyard for a month to hide the playhouse from her, and the recent addition of the trampoline, we're out there all the time... yes, even despite the massive rainfall we've had lately...





notice the fierce watchdog in the house!




party planning... Saturday is Grace's 3rd birthday party. I've planned an outdoor party and have been obsessively checking the weather. I'm just not sure how I'll entertain the kiddos if it's raining. The good news is, it's looking fairly good at this point. The weather channel is calling for a 40% chance of showers and accuweather says mostly sunny and breezy... chances could definitely be worse! I spent last night couped up in my sewing room working on Grace's dress for her party. I wanted to applique one princess, she wanted them ALL. I am compromising by doing 3 of them across the bottom. I will post pictures once I'm done... you know I'm proud (think 1 hour per princess applique)!


redecorating... So last week I tagged along with a friend who was doing some house shopping. I LOVE to look at houses (but no, we're not moving anytime soon!). A couple of the houses were really well done and made me feel like my house could use some freshening up. So now my house looks like this...



ahhh! it's a BIG mess!


the dining room is done but is now the catch all for all else :/

Jeremy has been working on repainting. Yes, we painted it all a year ago, but it needed it again! I'm looking forward to getting the house back in order soon! At least before my weekend company arrives on Friday!



here's Jeremy at about 1:00a.m., still hard at work!


so why was I still awake at 1:00am to take all of these dark, midnight shots of the house.... I don't know, but I'm so tired now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my eyes, was our little princess actually wearing blue jeans?! I love the photo of Lucy in the playhouse. She's such a good playmate.