Wednesday, December 31, 2008

18 days to go!

I was back at the doctor today, 35 weeks and 2 days along. I saw a new guy, as my regular doc was taking a vacation day before it expired tomorrow and he lost it.

Today I got "checked" for the first time this pregnancy, here's the verdict... almost 1 cm dilated. So I've started on the path to delivery. I would say I am all ready, except for Grace's 3rd birthday party that is 10 days away.

Dearest Marion,
Please be kind to your big sister and stay put at least 10 more days.
Much love,
Mommy

I explained my plan to the doc and he said he thought I would make it to the party, but no promises, because all bets are off at this point.

He estimates that Baby Marion is over 6 pounds now and very long. I can't wait to see her!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia,

Love your blog. Allison showed it to me over Christmas. You are so creative!!!
As far as delivering before or on the date of the birthday pary...it is anyone's guess. In the mean time rest, stay off your feet as much as you can and drink plenty of water. Other than that, fate is in control. Hopefully the excitement and prep for the party won't put you in labor. After 30 plus years in OB I know what you can and cannot predict.
We are so excited about all the wonderful things happening in your family. Our love and best wishes for a wonderful party and delivery no matter when they take place.
Love, Ms Mary

Anonymous said...

Dear Marion,
We're ready when you are and we're so excited to meet you!
Love,
Nana

Anonymous said...

:( I want the party too! I can't wait.