Wednesday, December 17, 2008

caroling and christmas lights

Last night was Grace's Christmas program at school. Nana and Paw Paw were there and Grace was very excited to show them her school and her classroom. The 2 year old pre-k kids were carolers. Grace had been singing Christmas tunes like crazy at home for the past couple of weeks... Rudolph, Frosty, Jingle Bells... so I figured she had it down! I was quite surprised when the songs they actually "sang" were more like Silent Night and Away in a Manger. She didn't really know those, and neither did any of the other kids. They did sing Jingle Bells at the end, which really perked them all up, and Grace got lucky as she was one of the two bell ringers!



After the program and Mexican buffet dinner at the school, we headed out to Purvis to see the Lewis Lights. We didn't follow the directions and we got a little lost in the country! When we finally found the Lewis home, it was well worth the trip! Mrs.Lewis has been decorating "all out" for almost 20 years, and seems to love the company it brings. She even had a visitor from Holland this week! She handpainted all of the wooden cut out scenes, and there are many! She has the story of the night before Christmas, Snow White, the Care Bears, Blue's Clues, Tigger and Pooh, the Rugrats, and many many more!!

Nana and Grace


Grace by the Snow White scene, one of her favorites!


I showed Grace this picture and asked her what she was doing.... "I'm making my dress like Snow White!" Ohhh! :)


This was so cool! This tree actually had hollow areas in it and Mrs.Lewis had arranged elves inside of the tree. It was lit from inside as well... awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had fun, sorry I missed it. I will home on christmas though. Tell Grace I will probably see Santa from my plane. I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

i love the snow white picture! how funny!