Sunday, December 21, 2008

4 weeks to go!

In only 4 weeks from today we'll meet Baby Marion! I was back at the doctor last week and my pregnant brain can't remember if he said I measured right on or a week ahead... either way, fairly right where I should be. I realized this past week that I am now waddling! I'm definitely feeling huge and having lots of contractions... looking forward to the end!

Baby Marion is getting mostly hand me downs from Big Sister Grace, but don't feel too bad for her, Grace had nice stuff! She has gotten a few new things all her own...

After much debate over whether to have Grace's carseat recovered...


I went ahead and ordered a new cover from a lady who makes them from scratch to sell on ebay. I am so happy with it, she did a great job. I love how it came with a headrest and strap pads... you don't get all of that with the covers sold in the boutiques.


Marion, your cover is definitely cooler than big sis's!

Baby Marion also got a new nursery. The accessories and art from Grace's nursery all moved with her to her big girl room, so Marion got a new color scheme, pink and black! Nana made the drapes and the bedding, and she has some really cute stuffed animals made with coordinating fabric that are currently still under construction!

Check out the cute toybox! It was painted green from our old playroom when it came down from the attic. Jeremy nailed on the "M" and painted it all to match Marion's room! It's recycled! ;)

These came from Renee, an artist who has lots of cute stuff for sale on etsy. She was extremely nice to work with and let me change stuff up from her examples to make it perfect for Marion!



I bought this locally in Hattiesburg...

It was initially for Marion's nursery but I just didn't feel like it went once I got it. It does look perfect though in the bathroom that connects the girls' bedrooms! I just love everything it says; I hope my girls are best friends!


It's been pretty busy around here getting ready for the holidays, but I did manage to make a couple things for Marion this week. Hopefully with Grace out of school the next couple of weeks I can get lots more done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we get a close up of that beautiful beaded crib skirt?

Julia said...

nana, I'm guessing you're "anonymous?" yes, you did a beautiful job on the skirt! thanks! :)

Jaimie said...

Hey Julia! Mandi told me about your blog and how close we are in pregnancies. I'm totally jealous on Marion's nursery!! How adorable! I never thought about recovering the carseat. It's so cute!!! I love the initial plaque too. I looked all over etsy and couldn't find anything I liked. I may have to check out the person you found. I feel like I'm so not ready for Bailey to come!!!! Good luck for the remainder of your pregnancy!!!

Anonymous said...

i want to see the close up too! nana's work?? i'm impressed, nana.