Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jungle Island

Jungle Island... one word... AWESOME!!

I could have taken or left the Miami Children's Museum. Actually... we left it. We were hanging out, taking our time in a cruise ship exhibit, when we started making small talk with a local dad who was there with his kiddos. He started raving about this place called Jungle Island. Well, he made it sound pretty damn cool! He moved on to the next exhibit, and I turned to Jeremy and said, "I want to go to Jungle Island. Like, NOW!" So we did a quick tour of the rest of the children's museum and headed to JUNGLE ISLAND!!!

As soon as you walk though the gates, they load you up with parrots!! It happens so fast. They show you how to hold your arms, throw a parrot in them, and then they plop down lots of other birds all over you... all in about 3 seconds!

Yes, he's standing on her head!!! They didn't ask her first, and I'm glad they didn't, I think she would have said "NO!" This picture is her favorite memory from vacation. She loves to look at it!

Grace and I at the Look Out.

My little monkey liked the real baby monkey!

Grace bottle feeding the animals in the petting zoo.

Monkeys!

The pathways leading through the grounds were beautiful.

Mom, I took this picture for you. This was called the "Rare Plant Nursery." None of them were labeled though.

Check out the trunk of this tree!

It was so hot!! You can see it on Grace's face!

The flamingos are Grace's favorite!! She got three souvenirs on vacation... a flamingo stuffed animal, a flamingo statue (I know, I know, craziness... but as long as it's not too expensive, I let her pick out what she wants!!), and a flamingo necklace that came complete in a flamingo jewelry box. The girl loves some pink birds!

This is what Grace will remember most from Jungle Island... the parrots!! They were awesome! You could hold them, pet them, even feed them!

4 comments:

allison said...

That's cool with all of the parrots! So cute how the one is on her head.

Heather said...

Love the pictures- looks like FUN! Madeline LOVES flamingos too- she told me she wanted to ask Santa for a real pet flamingo- hope by December she forgets! She wants to be a flamingo for Halloween-found a cute costume in Wishcraft. Looks like a fun trip!

Southern Girl and family said...

Great posts lately!! Love all the pictures and posts about ya'lls trip!! Glad you guys had a great time!

Nana said...

Thanks for thinking about me at Jungle Island! Looks like you all were having lots of fun despite the heat.