Thursday, March 12, 2009

in grace's words...

"golly tamale!"

I have no idea where this came from... I'm guessing school? She uses it very randomly!

....................

We sometimes call Marion "Mari." Here is a song Grace likes to sing about her baby sister...

"Mari, Mari, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and taco shells!"

I've tried many times to explain that it is cockle shells, not taco shells; Grace adamantly disagrees!

....................


Grace has been taught at school that God made EVERYTHING. She often points out things that God has made, such as her swingset, her toys... really everything. Here is a conversation we had on the way to dance this week...

"Mommy, who made the cars? God made the cars?"

"Yes, God made the cars, God made everything. (long pause) Actually, Grace, people made the cars, and God made the people."

"But where is God, I can't see him."

"He's in heaven."

"Where's heaven?"

"It's up in the sky."

"But I need to get a ladder, and I'll go up, and I'll look for Him. (pause and deep thought) But I can't see his feet! Where's God??"

"Actually, Grace, God is everywhere, but we can't see Him."

I've got to keep my story straight!

No comments: