Monday, March 9, 2009

on our own

I've had lots of help during my transition from 1 princess to 2; Jeremy was home full time from Christmas until yesterday. It's been tough even for the 2 of us to take care of both girls, keep up with the housework, and renovate the kitchen all at once. We definitely haven't been getting the sleep we're used to.

Jeremy left for Baltimore yesterday, I'm on my own, not that Grace doesn't help out... she helps with EVERYTHING...


Even his departure was chaotic. We had known all week that Daylight Savings Time started on Sunday, we had even talked about it. Sunday morning Jeremy planned to leave for the airport at 7:ooa.m. He appeared to be right on schedule as he loaded the last of his things into his truck. Then, I looked at the atomic clock in our living room that automatically updates itself...

"Oh my gosh! Daylight Savings Time! DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! You're an hour late! GO! GO! GO!!!"

He sped out and returned 5 minutes later when he realized he forgot his insulin :)

Thankfully, he arrived at the airport just in time to see that his plane had been delayed and he'd be hanging around a while!


So far the girls and I have done well on our own. Marion does great away from the house, she usually just stays asleep in her car seat. It's just getting everyone ready and buckled up that's the challenge!


We're building up to tomorrow's early 9:00a.m. drop off at preschool. Yesterday we met some friends at 1:00p.m. and this morning we made it to gymnastics on time at 10:30. Miraculously, both girls napped at the same time this afternoon and I was able to plant all of the pink and purple flowers that Nana brought at Grace's request.

hard to see, but I planted from one end of this house to the other!

the hot pink petunias on the right were planted today and the blue pansies on the left were weeded... well most of the way... I hate chickweed!

mixture of violas and petunias, hard to see because I planted so many and wanted them ALL in the picture :)


I know, I am impressed with myself too ;)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I was wondering if Jeremy had gone back to work yet. Gosh, he had a LONG vacation! That is a couple MONTHS... WOW!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the atomic clock came in handy!

Anonymous said...

I really want to meet Marion! She's so pretty.

Oh---loving the videos of Grace dancing.

I want little girls! I'm so jealous. Grace and Marion will be old enough to be my babysitters by the time I have them. HA!