Saturday, March 14, 2009

irish italian parade and festival


This morning we took the girls to St.Thomas' annual Irish Italian Parade. It was both girls' first parade and we had so much fun! Grace got tons of beads, doubloons, moon pies, and even some cabbage and potatoes! One car had a girl in a green gown riding in it; I pointed out the "princess" to Grace. After the parade, I explained to her that many of the kids in the parade went to Sacred Heart, and that when she starts school, she'll be able to ride in a float and throw prizes too. She quickly answered, "I want to ride in the one with the princess!"

These glasses were courtesy of the Saenger Theater's Buddy Holly float.

Marion was even awake for some of the party!

...but she didn't last long!

Grace used my Mardi Gras bag that I got when I was her age! I'll make her one of her own for next year!


Later in the day, we went to 4 o'clock mass and then to the Irish Italian Festival. It was really an awful day out - rained all day - but the kids still had fun in the kiddie area...

Grace with her friend Meredith after getting their faces painted.

Grace in her "cooker hat" that she wrote her name on!

No comments: