Saturday, May 9, 2009

home sweet home


It's been a long week! We are moved and almost settled into our new home. I absolutely love it! It has so many wonderful things that we've always wanted. I love the fixtures, the flooring, and most importantly, the floorplan. We have plenty of bedrooms and they're all big. There's a downstairs playroom for the kids for while they're little and and upstairs hangout apartment with 2 rooms and a bath for when they're older. I love the yard... a huge deck, beautiful landscaping and fabulous lighting! And then there's the part that sold my dear husband... 3 car garage and separate brick workshop. Really, I don't know how we were surviving without them... they're already packed full!

Another big reason for the move was to get closer into town to cut down on my time in the car. It's wonderful, I feel like I have moved out of the country and into the city! Most places I go take about 5 minutes; it took longer than that just to get out of our old subdivision.

I had been taking some heat from my dad the past couple weeks for the frequent house jumping. Today, when he visited the new house, he conceded that it was way better than our last home... it was obvious, the move was worth it!

Yes, it was worth it, but still really stressful... harder than I remembered... but maybe that's due to the 2 princesses. Jeremy and I have had different priorities this week. I wanted to get things unpacked and back to normal. He couldn't wait to get the high tech wiring and technology in this house fully functioning. After a lengthy stay at Best Buy, followed by an even lengthier receipt, he spent the next two days on the living room floor plugging, unplugging and rearranging wiring until he got it all just right. The need to play different audio on the deck speakers than on the indoor speakers when we were still up to our necks in boxes confused me to say the least. Luckily, we had a friend over to keep me company much of the week. Our attempts to not argue in front of her (although not 100% successful!) definitely saved us from a few extra fights this week. She may have even saved our marriage... it was a chaotic week! Thanks girl! ;)

It's been difficult to pack up our life and move 8 miles down the road, but so worth it! I picked out a very beautiful and very pricey chandelier for over my kitchen island today. I came home without it to think about whether I wanted to fork out that much money for a light when we still need lots of new furniture. Jeremy told me to get the light I really want... because I'll be looking at it for a very long time.

Friends, if you see me put a for sale sign out in my yard again, yank it up and RUN LIKE HELL! I'll thank you later.... moving sucks!

2 comments:

allison said...

I can't wait to see it.
It sounds great.

mandi said...

Glad I could help out!