Wednesday, December 9, 2009

we're there already??? really?!?!

So, last Wednesday night, we had our first Santa encounter of the year. It went great! Marion was happy, Grace was excited... it was everything I hoped it would be. And then Wednesday morning came, another exciting chance to tell Santa every wish that was forgotten Wednesday. Santa was at Grace's school to take pictures with all of the kids. Marion and I tagged along so I could throw her in the picture with Grace and avoid having to pay the mall Santa as well.

The photo shoot was in the sanctuary. I hurried in with my two girls and was pleasantly surprised with Santa... he looked very real! Ummm, to me that is.

"Mom! That's a different Santa!"

"Oh, um, NOOO it is not! He just looks different."

I was looking into the eyes of a little girl who was looking back at me like I was a total idiot.

"Mom, so there's only TWO Santas in the world??"

I stuck to my story. ONE Santa... who just looks very different. How the hell am I supposed to explain that?! Thank God our turn came fast and she never mentioned it again. I'm really having second thoughts about any more meet and greets with Santa this year. I guess she's ready for the "ONE very busy Santa and lots of helpers" speech... just don't want her to blab to her friends about it. *sigh*

No comments: