Monday, November 17, 2008

boots!

I think it's genetic... my two and a half year old seems to get as excited about shoes as I do! Today we scoured the mall to find her first pair of boots. It was love at first sight for Grace... it was also our conversion for the rest of the day...

"Mommy, can I wear my boots to school?"
"Mommy, can I wear my boots to go see Santa?"
"Mommy, can I jump in puddles in my boots... or will they get dirty??"
"Nana, I got my boots at the mall!"
"Mommy, my boots are very comfy!"

Boots, boots boots! It's all I've heard all day! I suppose she can wear them to school tomorrow, but I may have a battle Wednesday morning- because they surely won't go with the outfit she's wearing for her Thanksgiving performance at school. Sorry Grace, but wearing them to see Santa is not happening either! Here she is, ready to go to dance class...


A little more from dance: Ms.Lori let us watch the girls at dance tonight! Here are some shots from the cell phone...


Our conversation on the way home...

"Grace, Mommy is very proud of you. You are a beautiful ballerina! What does Ms.Lori call it when you put one leg in the air?"
(silence from the back seat)
"Grace, is it called an Arabesque, is that what Ms.Lori says?"
"No Mommy, Ms.Lori says, 'You're the best!'"

Ms.Lori says "arabesque" and you hear "you're the best!" Grace, you crack me up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boots are great!! And yes, Gracie did get it right - she's the best!

Anonymous said...

Diggin' the boots, G!