Sunday, November 9, 2008

santa has arrived!

Santa arrived at the Turtle Creek Mall in Hattiesburg today. Yes, 2 months before Christmas, but not a moment too soon for Grace. She begged to go see him from the moment I told her of his arrival. I used it as a hook to help her make it through a couple hours of totally unsuccessful home decor shopping. She was thrilled to finally see him, and couldn't have been more star-struck. She told him, "I have a list. I want a playhouse and a My Little Pony that walks across the table." Santa gave Grace a special report card to fill out until Christmas and turn into him. It has some great criteria... listening to mommy and daddy, picking up my toys, going to bed on time. We didn't do pictures yesterday, and it may be a while... I'm just not sure I'm ready to dress her up in Christmas clothes yet... Thanksgiving still seems far away!
After her visited, she pretended to call everyone to tell them the news...
"We see Santa, Nana. And I tell Santa I want a playhouse and a pony. And Santa was sharing all his Christmas stuff. I got a reindeer hat... oooooh!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She should have really called, I would have loved to hear the news!