Tuesday, October 14, 2008

24 weeks

Today I am just over 24 weeks along in my pregnancy. Baby Marion will be here before we know it, especially with the flurry of holidays ahead. Grace was born at 37 weeks, so I'm really not expecting more than another 13 weeks ;)

Grace was active in the womb, but Marion has her beat! We can already watch my stomach move wildly as she stretches out! Her kicks can easily be felt, and I want so badly for Grace to feel her baby sister move... but she doesn't have the patience. Not that it takes much... there are times when she is very active and a mere 3 seconds would be plenty... but 3 seconds of total stillness to a 2 1/2 year old seems to be an eternity.

Marion's nursery is coming along, after a fabric catastrophe that upset me too much to blog about...

(2 weeks after ordering and paying for all my fabric, I got a call that the rose color had been discontinued. By this point, we had gotten paint samples matched to the discontinued fabric and I turned in a swatch to the artist who is doing a painting to match the room! I went into mild shock, but eventually found a replacement, a smooth minky in a pretty color called "vintage pink." It is less purple-y than the pevious choice and I may even like it better.)

I am now awaiting the painting, hoping it will blend in with the new shade of rose/pink. We choose new paint samples and made a new selection. Marion's wall must have had about 10 shades of sample colors on the wall at once, it was getting comical! Jeremy painted the walls over the weekend. I love the color... it's a muted earthy pink. Grace gave her approval of the pink as well, and I really don't think she would have been happy with anything less! There will be no stripes or wild patterns this time around, I decided that the black and white fabric would be loud enough. Nana is hard at work on the drapes and bedding and they should be done soon! We're having so much fun preparing for Baby Marion's arrival!

No comments: