Friday, October 10, 2008

under the big top!

We survived the circus! We all had a great time, despite a little disappointment on Grace's end. We made the BIG MISTAKE of giving Grace a "preview" of the circus by showing her the Cole Bros. website. The website had photos of lots of acts, including an antique pink car that carried a load of pink poodles in pink tutus... these are the things Grace's dreams are made of. She had her mind set on those pink poodles, there was even a 10 foot picture of one outside the circus tent when we arrived... but when the show ended without a glimpse of pink poodle, Grace was truly heartbroken. It put a big damper on her whole night. It was pretty discouraging to have put so much effort into our circus trip and have her leave unhappy because the damn poodles didn't show!

While Grace was upset about the poodles, I had my own tragedy: I forgot to attach the bows to the circus dress I made her. I won't forgot for next week's circus parade at school!


So moving on ;)... we did see lots of cool stuff...
arriving at the big top

Grace riding a pony

Grace and Daddy enjoying the show

3 guys on motorcycles in here... I was worried!

the circus elephants

the human cannonball

the circus camels

We've talked with Grace about the circus lots today. Whenever we bring up the elephants or the camels the firsts words out of her mouth are "and the man hit them with his stick." Ugh, I was hoping she hadn't noticed that part.It didn't seem to be too bad to me, although I'm unsure exactly what goes on. She really liked the trained dogs (albeit they were no pink poodles!), and laughs when talking about how they jumped through the hoops and rode on the ponies. She was completely mezmerized by the acrobats, they were truly incredible, very talented. I looked over many times to see her with an open jaw, staring in astonishment.

We had a great time at the circus! Hopefully we can go again before she grows out of her dress! :)

No comments: