Saturday, October 4, 2008

you're a little quirky my dear

For Grace, some of your most recent quirks...

"Every Light in the House is On"
For 2 years and 8 months, you never touched the light switches. I now wake up to a house that is probably lighting up our neighbors' yards as well as our own. You wake up and walk around the house to make sure every light is on. I, your cheap mother, am trying to get this new found obsession under control. I know you don't understand the consequences (think POWER BILL!), so you're just going to have to trust me. Although without the help of EVERY light you claim, "I can't see ANYTHING!!", I'm quite sure your vision is fine.

"Girl Shows vs. Boy Shows"
Common thinking might use regular stereotypes to distinguish "girl shows" from "boy shows." You have definitions of your own. You see, shows YOU like, you call "girl shows," while everything else is a "boy show." Princess movies, anything Disney, or even a music channel playing your favorite pop song can be considered a "girl show." While the news, Desperate Housewives, and daytime talk shows are all definitely for boys! Anytime something you don't like is playing, I hear, "This is a boy show, I need to watch a show for girls!"

"Those Umbrellas on Your Cute Face"
A.K.A. eyebrows. You speak very well, and have become very clear. You are such wonderful company for me and I love to talk to you all day. We do have one verbal hangup right now though. Somehow you got the idea that the strips of hair above your eyes were your "umbrellas." You are pretty adaptable, so I'm sure with a little coaching, your umbrellas will be just a memory soon.

No comments: